Kaptin Thar'gul Da Devastata
Curious and cunning Mekboss of the Deathskull clan
Wearing the traditional Squig-leather and metal-plate “ensemble” of his tribe, the Bone Smashers, and generous dabs of the blue paint and tattoos favoured by the Death Skulls Clan, he has picked up colourful additions during his exploits making for a somewhat ridiculous and uncoordinated appearance: Naval epaulettes, red headscarf and a stained quilted vest are some of the trophies and affectations that cheerfully contribute to this atrocity to style and good taste.
Corruption Points: 0
Insanity Points: 20
Fate Points: 0
Skills: Awareness +20, Barter, Carouse +10, Command, Common Lore (Orks, War), Demolition, Dodge +10, Drive (Ground Vehicle +20), Forbidden Lore (Xenos), Intimidate +30, Pilot (Personal, Flyers, Space Craft +20), Speak Language (Low Gothic, Ork), Survival, Tech-Use +30, Trade (Armourer +20, Shipwright +20)
Talents: Basic Weapon Training (Primitive, SP), Pistol Weapon Training (Primitive, SP), Heavy Weapon Training (SP), Melee Weapon Training (Chain, Shock, Power), Iron Jaw, True Grit, Furious assault, Runtz x 5, Resistance (Cold, Psychic), Peer (Cult (Klan)), Ambidextrous, Bulging Biceps, Disturbing Voice, Two-Weapon Wielder (Melee), Decadence, Die Hard, Hardy, Da Nekst Best Fing, Jaded, I’z Da Biggest, Too ’Ard Ta Care, Ded ’Ard, Worky Gubbinz, Hulking, Double Team, Iron Discipline, Blademaster, Fearless, Lightning Attack, Fear (1), Sanctioned Xenos, Skilled Grots, Psychic Immunity, Extra Skilled Grots, Regeneration, Swift Attack
Traits: Non-Imperial, Speak not unto the alien, ’Ard, Sturdy, Ork weapon proficiency, Mob rule, Might Makes Right, Unnatural Strength x 2, Unnatural Toughness x 2
Armour: Special ’Eavy Armour (All 7) or Mega Armour (Head 9, Limbs 11, Body 16)
- Sparky Gretchin with burna, wrench and training in Tech-Use & Demolitions
- Fug Gretchin with Shoota and training in Medicae & Tech-Use
- Gazza Gretchin with Slugga and Stickbombz, and training in Medicae & Demolitions
- Pug Gretchin with Slugga and Medkit (Stapler) and training in Medicae & Security
- Zog da Squig Attack Squig with Bionic Armourplates and training in Intimidate and Frenzy
Thar’guls most Flashiest Fingz
Given a week or two, the Bigmek’s own personal inventory tends to have gone from “ork weapons are kinda dangerous” to “of very questionable use at starship scale”. Thar’gul is constantly tinkering with an “improving” his gear, and this is the state of his favourite toys.
Da BigMeks Power Klaw – Best Craftsmanship Power Klaw with Spiky Bitz, kustomized with Zappy Gubbinz
In addition to adding bigga gripz, I added zappy gubbinz and a few wierdbitz. It now ripz, burnz, and cutz at da same time! I also added a servo-drill, powersaw, and pincers to function as tools when da powerfield is deaktivated. To synkronize all dis, I had to konnekt da klaws kontrol to my head, and added a Standard machine interface socket to da head-tubes
Da Flashy Autocannon – A Looted Autocannon with Bigga and Extra Barrulz, Bigga Klip, Loudener, made More Shooty and Kustomized with Extra Kaboom and a one-shot Burna-cartridge.
Dis is gonna be da most Shooty shoota I’z eva made!
Da MegaMekNobs Mega Armour – Best Craftsmanship Mega Armour with added Grot-turrets
It’s not a propa armour unless it has armoured turrets for yer slaves to shoot at yer enemies from!
- Charm The skull of a Xanther defeated in battle. Brings luck?
- Blast Goggles Protects against bright light and splinters.
- Lho-sticks Big, fat, stinky cigars
- Rotgut Booze, Tranq and Amasec A collection of booze for every occasion.
- Auspex/Scanner Detects energy emissions, motion, and biological life signs. +20 bonus to Awareness Tests. Range 50m.
- Combi-tool Versatile, if somewhat bizarre, mechanical devices. A character using a combi-tool gains a +10 bonus to Tech-Use Tests.
- Grapnel A small launcher or gun that fires a hooked or magnetic grapnel, connected to the launcher with a thin but strong 100m wire
- Jetpack Personal rocket-boosters that lets the wearer leap about. A standard jump pack allows for a safe, guided fall from any height and, with a thruster boost, make an unlimited series of short jumps (landing at the end of each Round’s movement). Alternatively, the pack can duplicate the Flyer (12) trait for up to a minute at a time
- Magnoculars Visual aid that magnifies and can also do such things as give range read-outs, detect heat sources, calculate target location positioning, and take pict-captures of a view for later analysis.
- Micro-bead Short range (1km) comms unit
- Pict Recorder Simple media recorder
- Physik kit A Basic field-medkit
- Promethium Fuel. Also good for burnin’ fings.
- Boss Pole Many nobz and warbosses wear a big pole strapped to their back adorned with skulls, sharp bits, and metal Ork glyphs, to show other Orks they’re not to be messed with. Boss poles grant a +10 Bonus to all Command Tests made when interacting with other Ork
- ’Eavy Armour & ’Ard Hat Kustomized with Tyrranoid chitin and plasteel, this is counts as Best Quality Carapace Armour
- Iron Gob These massive metal facial appliances are bolted onto an Ork’ lower jaw, exaggerating the already fearsome appearance of the hulking green brutes. An iron gob grants +2 AP to the Head Location and a +10 bonus to Intimidation Tests.
- Voidsuit (Footfall)
- Burna Ork Flamer that can be reconfigured as a melee weapon (counts as Burning Blade)
- Ork Choppa Hardly a weapon, worn on “civilized” occasions.
- Kustomized Big Choppa A violence-connoisseurs choice: a huge, violent choppa with assorted spiky bitz and zappy gubbinz.
- Kustom Force Field (Rating: 50) A kustom force field is a Force Field (see page 130 of Into the Storm) with a Protection Rating of 50 that Overloads on a roll of 15 or lower. Instead of the usual effects, when this Force Field Overloads, it ceases to function for 1d5 Rounds and immediately inflicts 1d10+5 Energy Damage with a enetration of 0 and the Shocking Quality upon everything within 2d10 metres of the Mekboy (including the Mekboy himself, naturally).
- Bionik left arm an “intresting” contraption which allows various attachments. Also grants +2 TB on the limb.
- Stikkbombz Explosives which attach and stick to the target.
- Bomb Squigs Bombs with legs. And Teef!
- ‘Sploding Squig Ork “grenades”
|When||How much||Accumulated XP||Advance Bought||Spent|
|Base||4500||4500||Starting Skillz n Know-wotz||4500|
|Start||200||4700||Strength (100), Toughness (100)||200|
|04.des||500||5250||WS (100) +Drive (200) +Resistance(Cold) (200)||500|
|18.des||850||6100||Strength (250), Toughness (250), 2x Sound Const. (400)||900|
|Julebonus||1000||7100||Strength (500), Toughness (500)||1000|
|15.jan||850||7950||Dodge (200), Heavy (SP) (200), Ag (250), Sound Const. (200)||850|
|29.jan||1000||8950||Runtz (300), Dist. Voice (300), Intimidate (100), Sound Const. (200)||900|
|19.feb||450||9400||Intelligence (250), Bulging Biceps (300)||550|
|05.mar||1600||11000||WP (500), Carouse +10 (100), Hardy (200), Runtz (300), I iz da Biggest (500)||1600|
|19.mar||700||11700||Awareness +10 (100), Drive +10 (200), Intimidate +20 (200), Sound Const. (200)||700|
|02.apr||500||12200||Da Next best Fing (300), Sound Const. (200)||500|
|FB Bonus||100||12300||Decadence (100)||100|
|15.apr||800||13100||Exotic Training (Powa Klaw) (500), Exotic Training (Burna) (200)||700|
|30.apr||1200||14300||Sanctioned Xenos (700), Trade (Armourer)x2 (200×2), Demolitions (200)||1300|
|FB Bonus||200||14500||Trade (Shipwright)||200|
|21.mai||1000||15500||Too ’Ard Ta Care (500), Runtz (300) Sound Const. (200)||1000|
|18.jun||999||16499||Ded Ard (500), Jaded (300)||800|
|RP Bonus||5||16504||Ambidextrous (200)||200|
|01.jul||1300||17804||Skilled Grots (400), Grots (300), 3xSound Const. (600)||1300|
|31.jul||600||18404||Awareness +20 (200), Tech-use +20 (200), Trade (Armourer) +20 (200)||600|
|13.aug||501||18905||Hulking (300), Trade (Shipwright) +10 (200)||500|
|03.sep||650||20155||Worky Gubbinz (500), BS (250)||750|
|08.okt||600||20755||Trade (Shipwright) (200), Dodge +10 (200), Survival (200)||600|
|12.nov||700||21455||WS (250), Sound Const. (200)||450|
|26.nov||600||22055||Unnatural Strength x2 (800)||800|
|10.des||600||22655||Forbidden Lore (Xenos) (300), Sound Const. (200)||500|
|30.des||1050||23705||Pilot (Spacecraft) (300), Talented (Tech-Use) (500), Skilled Grots (400)||1200|
|14.jan||700||24405||Pilot (Personal) (300), Command (300)||600|
|28.jan||450||24855||Iron Discipline (500)||500|
|Wiki||800||25655||Pilot (Flyers) (300), Fearless (500)||800|
|11.feb||700||26355||WS (500), Sound Const. (200)||700|
|25.feb||700||27055||Blademaster (500), Sound Const. (200)||700|
|11.mar||600||27655||Double Team (200)||200|
|19.mar||600||28255||Fear (1) (1000)||1000|
|8.apr||1000||29255||Swift Attack (750), Two Weapon Wielder (Melee) (300)||1050|
|29.apr||400||29655||Sound Const. (0), Drive (200)||200|
|13.mai||800||30455||Lightening Attack (500), Pilot (Spacecraft) +10 (300)||800|
|23. juni||1000||31455||Strength (750), Talented (Pilot (Spacecraft)) (200)||950|
|30.juni||1045||32500||WP (750), Die Hard (200), Resistance Psychic (200)||1150|
Thar’Gul was spawned on Zefrith IV, during a Waaaaagh! offensive against dem Chaos Gitz what had taken the place. He cut his teef as a Yoof fightin’ with Boyz in the Bone Smasher tribe of the Death Skulls Clan. He was early identified as an Oddboy, showing interest and aptitude for makin’ things work, and more Orky. He joined the warband of Big Mek MekGaiva, and took applied his technological creativity to the art of destruction as he grew into a right Boy and earned his propa title of Mekboy.
After a time, he grew disgruntled with what he saw as a narrow-minded and static approach to warfare, and fascinated with the humies tendency to be sneaky. After a particularly violent disagreement with MekGaiva, Thar’gul left the tribe for a period of kontemplaishon. He wandered the battlefields of the Koronus Expanse as a Freebooter, selling his services of mechanical creativity and destruction to whoever would provide things to fiddle with or to blow up (what with teef being in short supply amongst other races).
He found a home of sorts on the Cleopatra, where his mechanical aptitude and ability to boss people about made him useful in the daily operations of the ship as well as whenever there was need for headsmashin’